一方面是長期接受的關于“節衣縮食”的諄諄教誨,另一方面則是近來頻頻聽到的關于“消費最光榮”的大肆呼吁,2009年,消費還是不消費,對于全體中國人來說,的確是一個問題。
黃金周可能會被延長了。
The Golden Week holiday may be 1)extended.
有了額外假期,我肯定會去購物。
With extra days on my hand, I’m sure I’ll hit the shops.
太好了,七天假期!但我還是負擔不起旅行費用。
Great! A 7-day break, but I still can’t afford to travel.
消費者信心很低。
Consumer confidence is low.
政府想鼓勵消費。
The Government wants to encourage 2)consumption.
商家希望經濟會復蘇。
Shop owners are hoping business will 3)boom.
我盡量不去太擁擠的地方。
I want to avoid places that are
4)overcrowded.
我不會大肆揮霍了。
I won’t be 5)splashing cash about.
我們大概就呆在家里了,但或許會去買點東西。
We’ll probably stay home, but do some shopping.
你會節衣縮食還是大手大腳?
Will you save or 6)splurge?
地方政府也許會發行旅游消費券。
The local government may issue travel 7)vouchers.
我身無分文不能去旅行了。
I’m too 8)strapped for cash to travel.
投資比消費更明智。
Investing is smarter than shopping.
如果我有消費券,我就會去旅游。
If I had vouchers I could be persuaded to travel.
他出城過了一個廉價的假期。
He’s taking a cheap holiday out of the city.
幾天的旅程聽起來不錯。
A few day trips sound nice.
不可否認:消費券會產生強大的刺激(作用)。
There’s no denying it: vouchers are a great 9)incentive.
預訂一個團體游能省不少錢。
Book a group package to save money.
促進消費是個好主意!
What a great idea to 10)boost consumption!
