201. take medicine 服藥
Have you taken your medicine?
你服過藥了嗎?
202. take the train / a boat / a bus 乘火車;乘船;乘公
交車
Its more relaxing to travel by taking the train .
乘火車旅行讓人更放松。
203. have a talk 交談,談話
Remember not to have words with Mary but to have a talk peacefully.
記著不要和瑪麗發生爭吵,一定要和她和和氣氣地談一談。
204. talk about 談論,談及
We were talking about our childhoods and realized we both went to the same primary school.
我們談起了各自的童年,結果才知道我倆上的是同一所小學。
205. talk of 談論,談及
Talking of the good old days, the two old men couldnt help laughing happily.
談及過去的美好時光,兩位老人忍不住開懷大笑。
206. have a test 參加考試
Well have a test on irregular verbs tomorrow.
我們明天將測試不規則動詞。
207. think about 回想,考慮到
She lay awake thinking about the money.
她躺在那里,心里想著那筆錢。
208. think of 想起,考慮到……;對……有見解
My father looked worried, and now I come to think of it, so did my brother.
我父親當時很焦慮,現在我回想起來,我哥哥也是那樣。
So what do you think of the new manager then?
那么,你對新來的經理有什么看法?
209. have a good time 玩得高興
Thanks for the meal—we both had a really good time.
謝謝這頓美餐——我倆真的過得很開心。
210. keep in touch with 與……保持聯系
Our neighbors are moving away but I hope that well still keep in touch with each other.
我們的鄰居要搬走了,不過我希望我們仍然會保持聯系。
211. come true(愿望,夢想)實現,成真
By 1975, the economic predictions had come true.
到1975年,對經濟的預測成為現實。
212. try on 試穿
Try the shoes on before you buy them.
鞋子要先穿上試一試再買。
213. try ones best 盡力做
Ill try my best to finish the work for this evening.
我會盡最大努力完成今晚的工作。
214. turn into 變成
Youll never turn me into a salesman, dad. Im not made for it.
爸爸,你千萬別指望我會成為推銷員。我天生不是那塊料。
Weeks turned into months, and still there was no letter from Mary.
日子一天天過去,仍然沒有瑪麗的來信。
215. turn off 關掉;轉入另一條路
Theyve turned off the water while they mend a burst pipe.
他們修理爆裂的水管時,關上了水。
Im sure we should turned off at the last exit.
我敢肯定地說,我們本該在上一個出口駛出。
216. turn on 打開;接通(電流、煤氣、水等);取決
于,依……而定
Well be turning on the gas in an hour.
我們將在一個小時內接通煤氣。
The peace talk turned on whether we can get the Italian delegation to agree or not.
和談取決于能否獲得意大利代表團的同意。
217. turn over 把……移交給;變換(電視頻道)
When you leave, the project will be turned over to Mr Smith.
你離開時,這項工程就交給史密斯先生負責。
I hate this program. Can we please turn over?
我討厭這個節目。我們能換個頻道嗎?
218. turn to 求助于;翻書到……
Nobody seems to understand. I dont know who to turn to.
似乎沒人懂這問題。我不知道該向誰求助。
The class begins. Please turn to page 35.
開始上課了,請大家翻到第35頁。
219. make use of 利用,使用
What weve learned should be made good use of to serve our community.
我們應該充分利用所學之長服務社區。
220. be / get / become used to 習慣于
Lady Whitton wasnt used to people disagreeing with her.
慧頓夫人不習慣別人反對她的意見。
221. used to do 過去常常做
I used to go to the cinema a lot, but I never get the time now.
我以前經常看電影,但現在根本沒有時間看了。
The shops usednt to open on Sunday.
這些商店過去在星期天是不營業的。
222. wait for 等待;(尤指長期地)希望,盼望
Im just waiting for him to realize how stupid hes been.
我在等他意識到他自己有多笨。
This is just the chance Ive been waiting for.
這正是我一直在期待的機會。
223. take / have a walk 散步
I take a walk along the river bank every morning.
我每天沿著河岸散步。
224. have a word with sb 和某人談談(尤指私下地)
I managed to have a quick word with Tom, because he was leaving for Beijing.
因為湯姆馬上要去北京,我跟他只談了幾句。
225. work hard at 努力做
Johns English isnt very good, but he works hard at it.
約翰的英語不太好,可他很用功。
226. work out 計算出;結果;解決
If we go there by taxi, its going to work out very expensive.
要是我們坐計程車去,算來要花不少錢。
Ken and Ella had loads of problems when they first got married, but things worked out in the end.
肯和埃拉結婚初期遇到許多問題,但最終都解決了。
I know youre not happy with things right now, but Im sure everything will work itself out.
我知道你現在有些不如意,但我相信所有問題都會解決的。
227. worry about 對……擔心
I dont think we should tell mum about this—shes got enough to worry about.
我認為不要把這件事告訴媽媽,現在她已經夠煩的了。
228. be worth (doing) sth 值得做
Its well worth getting there an hour early, if you want a good seat.
你如果想占一個好位子,提前一個小時到那里也是值得的。
Its worth all the hard work you put in when you see so many happy children.
當你看到那么多幸福的孩子時,你會覺得所有的辛勞都是值得的。
The scheme is well worth a try.
這個計劃倒值得試一試。
It may be worth putting an advertisement in the local paper.
也許值得在地方報紙上登廣告。
229. write down 記下,寫下
I wrote down the address in the back of my diary.
我在日記本的后面寫下了地址。
230. write to 給……寫信
Please write to me often while youre away.
你走后請常給我來信。
231. be wrong with 有故障;有問題
She had to go home early—shes got something wrong with her back.
她不得不早點回家——她的背部不太舒服。