多年來,我最愛看的一部電影便是《我最好朋友的婚禮》(My Best Friend's Wedding)。凌凌從小和我一起長大,我倆親如姐妹,所以她結婚不管在多遠的地方,我都會“赴湯蹈火”,在所不辭去參加的。能見證她的幸福時刻,對我而言也是種妙不可言的體驗。
關于婚宴上榮譽伴郎和伴娘致詞的精彩段落,我早已向大家轉述過了。今天,就讓我用文字來轉播婚禮儀式上的情景好了。這次的譯文和往日有別,中文的部分除譯文外,還有我的畫外音解說,總覺得這樣更加生動一些,可以幫助大家感受一下現場的氣氛。
Priest: Please have a seat. Thank you.
牧師: 請各位就坐。謝謝!
Priest(to Ling): How do you feel?
牧師(很親切,轉頭問凌凌):感覺怎么樣?
Ling: Great!
凌凌:好極了!
Priest: You look absolutely wonderful.
牧師: 你今天絕對是美艷四射。
Priest (to the new couple): I want to tell you everything you need to know, and you gonna follow my lead, two hundreds of words at a time...
牧師開始低聲向新人交代細則:“你們想知道的東西我會一一道來。你們兩個得聽我的指揮。你們只要跟著我的帶讀,每次重復兩百多個單詞就行了。”牧師顯然很善于調動氣氛,“當我問你們‘準備好了嗎’的時候,你們要回答‘是的’,然后沖我眨眨眼,以示你們的確沒因為過度緊張而走神……”說完牧師還不忘提醒榮譽伴郎:“如果他們不回答我的問題的話,希望你可以在他們回過味兒來之前,在后面給新郎一腳,提醒一下他……”(眾人大笑)
Priest: Okay, are you ready? Let's take a deep breath. (The groom-to-be Erik did so.)
牧師: 好了,準備好了嗎?先來個深呼吸!(新郎艾瑞克甚是配合,乖乖照牧師提醒來操作。)在座人群一片寂靜,只有悠揚的琴聲緩緩劃過。一切都來得剛剛好,陽光灑滿草坪,灑落在每個人的肩頭,新郎新娘一臉幸福蕩漾。這時候輪到牧師不緊不慢地宣讀愛的宣言了:
Marriage is a life time of love,
婚姻是愛意滿盈的人生之旅,
Marriage is a coming together of two very special people,
婚姻是兩個獨特靈魂的結合,
Uniting the body of two love,
它將兩個相愛的人合二為一,
Commitment by two people for a coming purpose.
代表兩個人共同的意愿和承諾。
It is the bonding of two people's ideas,
婚姻就是將兩人所思所想緊密相連,
Feeling habitant's desires,
感受彼此的心愿,
It is taking the good or the bad,
無論是順境或逆境,
Understanding the other's reasons and feelings.
都能理解彼此的感受。
But most of all,
最重要的是,
It is sharing, passion, forgiving, and best of all, making all of them...
婚姻是分享、是激情、是寬容,是愛使它們一一成為可能……
Marriage is the founding of two people,
婚姻成就了兩個人,
To begin their legacy together,
去一同創造他們的財富,
Start and stress their family,
組建他們的家庭,并以此為生活重心,
The passion they believe is actions and values,
來自于雙方的激情便是愛的原動力和價值,
And the love we all give them to their children, and children's children,
我們愿將這份愛贈予他們的子孫后代,讓這份愛世代相傳,
Marriage is what brings two people together, while love is what keep them together forever.
婚姻可以使他們二人合二為一,愛可以使他們永不分離。
Love is a miraculous gift and the wedding is a celebration of that magic because we are all here today.
愛是來自于上蒼的神秘厚禮,婚禮則是充滿無限神奇的慶典。我們今天很幸運,再次見證了這一切。
Family, friends, we get it at this hour to be with them.
兩位的家人、朋友都聚集于此,和他們一起分享這一美好時刻。
To celebrate with Erik and Lingling, who are wonderfully suit it to one another.
共同慶祝艾瑞克和凌凌的結合。他們兩人是天造地設的一對。
That is the purest of life for the rest of us to see how happy two people can be.
看到他們兩人如此快樂,對我們其余人來說也是一種莫大的幸福。
We are all here to witness the promises that you comes to make to each other.
我們將在此見證你們二人對彼此的愛和承諾。
Erik and Lingling,
艾瑞克和凌凌,
Do you come before the gathering of family and friends, to proclaim your love in both to each other of your own free will?
你們愿意在眾位親友面前正式宣布,你們是全心全意地愛著彼此嗎?
Erik: We do.
艾瑞克:是的。
Ling: We do.
凌凌:是的。
Priest: And let us continue.
牧師: 好,讓我們繼續下一個環節。
Priest: Erik, if you wished to decide becoming the husband of Lingling, are you pleased to repeat after me:
牧師:艾瑞克,如果你希望成為凌凌的丈夫,請跟我重復下面的誓詞:
Erik: I, Erik, among our family and friends, take you, lingling, to be my wife. From this day forward, to join with you, and to share with you, all that is to come. To give and to receive, to speak and to listen, to inspire and to respond, and all our life together, to honor and cherish you, with my whole being, as long as we both shall live...
艾瑞克:我本人,艾瑞克,在家人與親友面前鄭重向你發誓:我愿娶你,凌凌,為妻。從今日起,陪伴你左右、與你分享我們即將面對的一切生活細節。努力使我們共度的時光,充滿愛與被愛,傾訴與傾聽,鼓勵與回應。我將愛護你、珍惜你,直到天長地久……
Priest: You can breathe now, it's okay.
在這樣的時刻,艾瑞克自然是一臉嚴肅不敢怠慢。牧師比較可愛,猛然冒出一句俏皮話,使現場的氣氛輕松了許多:“你現在可以喘氣了,這是允許的。”
Priest: Lingling, if you decide to be the wife of Erik, please repeat after me in course of the same enthusiasm and interest he showed us.
牧師: 凌凌,如果你希望可以成為艾瑞克的妻子的話,就像艾瑞克剛剛的表現一樣,以同樣的熱情,來跟我重復下面的誓言好嗎?
Ling: Okay.
凌凌:好的。
I, Lingling , (Ling跟著讀), among our family and friends, take you, Erik, to be my husband. From this day forward, to join with you, and to share with you, all that is to come. To give and to receive, to speak and to listen, to inspire and to respond, and all our life together, to honor and cherish you, with my whole being, as long as we both shall live...
我本人,凌凌,在家人與親友面前鄭重向你發誓:我愿嫁給你,艾瑞克,成為你的妻。從今日起,陪伴你左右、與你分享我們即將面對的一切生活細節。努力使我們共度的時光,充滿愛與被愛,傾訴與傾聽,鼓勵與回應。我將愛護你、珍惜你,直到天長地久……
Erik:Very good, very good, honey.
話音未落,艾瑞克已經迫不及待地向凌凌送上了甜蜜的一吻和溫柔的鼓勵。這時,時間凝固,那溫馨動人的畫面從此留在了我的記憶里。雖說相隔遙遠,但能排除萬難參加最好朋友的婚禮,心里總算沒有遺憾了。看著她幸福甜美的笑,覺得飛再遠的路也值得!