
中西方文化交融的結果之一,就是每年都有這樣那樣的“洋節”出現,對很多洋節小編都不以為然,唯獨對感恩節欣然接受。不光在是有感恩節的11月,每一天,我都會在心中感謝父母養育教導之恩、感念親朋寬厚包容之心……唯有長存感恩之心,才有幸福永久相伴。
這個節日有著豐富的傳統。
The festival is 1)steeped in tradition.
感恩節起源于乘“五月花”號來的清教徒。
Thanksgiving’s origin comes from the pilgrims who came on the Mayflower.
清教徒在普利茅斯巖登陸。
The 2)pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock.
殖民者受到印第安人的熱情款待。
The settlers 3)broke bread with the Indians.
農作物豐收是(感恩節)傳統的一部分。
The harvesting of the crop is part of the tradition.
只有北美才會慶祝感恩節。
Thanksgiving is only celebrated in North America.
盡情吃、喝、玩樂吧!
Eat, drink and be merry!
媽媽正在準備節日大餐!
Mom is preparing a feast.
把火雞端上來。
Bring on the turkey.
我們要鳴謝那些開國元勛。
We should be grateful for our founding fathers.
他們準備了豐盛的晚餐。
They prepared a hearty dinner.
你會參加感恩節的游行嗎?
Are you attending the Thanksgiving Day Parade?
我們要吃一個星期的剩菜剩飯。
We’ll be eating 4)leftovers for a week.
你對什么心存感激?
What are you thankful for?
我們應該時刻心存感激。
We should count our blessings.
我喜歡酸莓醬。
I love cranberry sauce.
奶奶把超好吃的餡料制作秘訣告訴了我。
Grandma gave me a great recipe for stuffing.
全家團聚的時刻到了。
It’s the time for family to unite.
我不喜歡吃蔬菜時蘸肉汁。
I don’t like 5)gravy on my vegetables.