Drew:Hello, Drew speaking.
你好,我是Drew。
Allan:Hello, Drew. It is your friend, Allan.
你好Drew,我是你的朋友Allan。
Drew:Hey, what's up buddy? Did you see the Liverpool game on TV last night?
嘿,怎么樣,哥們兒,昨晚看利物浦隊的比賽了嗎?
Allan: Yeah! Wasn't it great, that Michael Owen sure can score goals. I have some questions about football for you.
當然!!太棒了,Owen真厲害,一下就進了幾個球。我有一些足球方面的問題問你。
Drew:Sure Allan, what are your questions?
說吧Allan,你想知道什么?
Allan:What is like to see an English football game?
看英式足球比賽是什么樣的?
Drew:It is really fun. The fans are really into the game and there are lots of families enjoying a day out together.
很有趣,英國人特愛看球賽,很多家庭都會一起去看球。
Allan:Really? I heard that it was very dangerous to go to a British football game because of all the violence in the stands.
真的?聽說在英國看球很危險,因為看臺上常發生暴力事件。
Drew:No, that's not true anymore; they have really cleaned up their act.
不,不再是那樣了,現在好多了。
Allan:Do you want to go see a football game with me at the Workers Stadium?
你想和我去工體看球嗎?
Drew:I would love to go.
好啊。
Allan:Ok, I will buy an extra ticket!
好,那我再去買張票。
Drew:Oh, don't worry; I'll buy my own ticket.
噢,不用,我自己來買。
Allan:No problem, the tickets are no problem to get, I will buy you one and you can pay me back!
沒問題,票很好買。我來買,然后你把錢給我。
Drew:Great, I'll see you on Saturday. Don't forget the jerseys... glory glory...
太好了,周六見。別忘了穿球衣……(歌聲)……
Allan:Ok, Drew. Be there or be square.
好的,Drew,不見不散。
Attention Please...特別提醒
[1] soccer是足球的意思,這可與我們說的football有點兒不同,football在美國和加拿大表示橄欖球。
[2] The fans are really into the game.
really into sth. 表示非常喜歡做什么事情,比如,I am really into playing computer games. 我特喜歡玩電腦游戲。
Useful Tools...實用句式
A: I must go now, I'll call you later. (我現在得走了,回見吧。)
B: See you next time. (好吧,回見。)