1.拿起電話,接通要找的人:
I would like to speak to Mr. Martin.我想和馬丁先生通話。
Hello, Is this Mr. Zhou’s office, Mr. Zhou Guohua?喂,是周先生周國華的辦公室嗎?
Is Prof. Chen in? 陳教授在嗎?
2.如果幸運,接電話的就是你要找的人,對方會說:
Yes, speaking. 我就是。
3.如果接電話的不是你要找的人,對方會說:
He’s not in. 他不在。
4.等一會兒,別把電話掛斷:
Wait a minute. 稍等片刻。
Hold on a second. 稍等。
5.這兒沒這個人:
There’s nobody here by that name. 這兒沒人叫這個名字。
6.你接了找別人的電話,對要找的人說:
A call for you. 找你的電話。
You are wanted on the phone.找你的電話。
Anne’s on the line. She wants to talk to you. 安打來的電話,她找你。
7.進一步探聽要找的人的去向:
Do you know what time I can reach him? 什么時候能找到他?
8.真糟糕撥錯號了:
Sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number. 對不起, 我大概撥錯號了。
9.禮貌地答復來電:
English department. May I help you? 這兒是英語系,我能幫你什么忙嗎?
Would you like to leave a message? 你愿意留個口信嗎?
May I take a message for you?要不要我傳口信嗎?
If you leave your name and number, I’ll have Mr. Chen call you back as soon as he’s available.如果你留下姓名和電話號碼,我會讓陳先生盡快給你回話。
10.手邊沒有筆,又需要記下一些信息:
Hold on a minute while I get a pencil.別掛電話,我拿支鉛筆。
11.打有分機的電話:
Extension 312, please.請接312分機。
12.說完了:
OK, that’s all. 好了,我要掛電話了。
13.電話沒打進去:
The line is busy. 電話占線。
I’ve been telephoning all morning, but I haven’t been able to speak to the doctor. 我一個上午都在給醫生打電話,但還沒打通。
Nobody answers the phone.
沒人接電話。
In the middle of our telephone conversation we were suddenly cut off. 電話打了一半,突然斷線了。
14.繼續保持聯系:
You can telephone me every few days, and in that way we can keep in touch with each other. 你可以隔幾天給我通一個電話,以便我們保持聯系。
I’ll give you a ring. 我會給你打電話。
15.告訴別人電話號碼:
You can dial 119 if you want to report a fire. 報火警可撥119。
16.查電話號碼:
Could you please give me your home number? 能告訴我您的宅電嗎?
I’ll look up the number for you. 我為您查詢該號碼。