身在職場中的朋友可能都知道一次產品推介會議是多么的重要。還好,Stephanie不負眾望。但即使是成功簽約了,也不能說明這個推介會是完美無缺的,要想在以后的工作中有更優異的表現,會后總結檢討當然必不可少。
Mr. Black: ①We signed off on the deal this morning, so I take it the meeting went really well. ②The client had nothing but nice things to say about you.
Stephanie: ③I think I touched on all the important features, but ④the product really speaks for itself, so ⑤there wasn’t much work on my part.
Mr. Black: No need to be so modest. If you didn’t have excellent product knowledge, the whole thing could have fallen through. That is one of your strengths in business meetings. You can always win over the clients simply by discussing the product. But I would like to review the whole meeting. ⑥Were there any areas注 where you fell short?
Stephanie: As you said, the latter part of the meeting went smoothly, especially in contrast to the earlier part. It took a while for the client to develop an interest in our company.
Mr. Black: Did you give him a breakdown of Action Company?
Stephanie: Yes. ⑦But I got the impression he wasn’t that into it. ⑧He really perked up when we moved on to talking about the digital camera itself.
Mr. Black: I see.
Stephanie: I guess if I were to review some of my shortcomings, it would be to gauge the client’s response to my speech and then move on if there seems to be a lack of focus. Maybe, I can condense the introduction?
Mr. Black: Or just hand him a brochure of the company outline and key facts and let the client peruse it in his or her own time.
Stephanie: Great idea. There is a reason you are in charge around here, Mr. Black.
布萊克先生:今天早上我們已經簽訂了合同,所以我認為推介會是非常成功的。客戶對你只有贊美之辭。
斯蒂芬妮:我想我談到了關于我們產品所有重要的特點,但關鍵是產品本身非常不錯,所以就我來說并沒有做多少
工作。
布萊克先生:不用這么謙虛。如果你沒有專業的產品知識,整個事情可能就會落空。這是你在商務會議中的強項之一。你總是能僅憑介紹產品就贏得客戶。但我還是想來回顧一下整個會議過程。有沒有哪里你覺得不足的?
斯蒂芬妮:就像你說的,與前面那個部分相比較,后面那部分進行得順利多了。我花了不少時間來激發客戶對我們公司的興趣。
布萊克先生:你有沒有跟他介紹Action公司?
斯蒂芬妮:有啊,但給我的印象是他好像不太感興趣。當我們開始講到數碼相機本身的時候他才真正興奮起來。
布萊克先生:我明白了。
斯蒂芬妮:我想如果要我反省一下不足,那就是要準備把握客戶對我的講演的反應,如果客戶失去興趣的話要馬上轉換話題。也許,我應該把公司介紹縮短一點。
布萊克先生:或者只是把有公司簡介和關鍵資料的小冊子給他,讓客戶利用自己的時間去閱讀了解。
斯蒂芬妮:好主意。這就是為什么您在這里領導我們的原因了,布萊克先生。
Smart Sentences
① We signed off on the deal this morning. 今天早上我們已經簽訂了合同。
sign off: finish by signing(最終簽署)。例如:
Tomorrow’s activities include signing off on the agreement and a celebration reception.
明天的活動包括簽署協議和慶祝酒會。
② The client had nothing but nice things to say about you. 客戶對你只有贊美之辭。
had nothing but nice things to say… = said only nice things…
nothing but: only(除……之外,僅僅)。例如:
The printer does nothing but make noise all day.
那部打印機整天就只會制造噪音。
③ I think I touched on all the important features. 我想我談到了關于我們產品所有重要的特點。
touch on sth.: mention briefly about sth.(提及或談及某事)。例如:
Mr. Smith usually touches on all areas of the matter. Be prepared.
史密斯先生常常會提到事情的各個方面,要做好準備。
④ The product really speaks for itself. 產品本身非常不錯。
sth. speaks for itself: sth.’s quality is so obvious that it needs no further explanation(不說自明)。例如:
The figures speak for themselves; we are in a great year.
數字已經說明了一切——我們今年做得不錯。
⑤ There wasn’t much work on my part. 就我來說并沒有做多少工作。
on sb.’s part: what sb. does(某人所做的)。例如:
I consider this is negligence on your part.
我認為這是你的疏忽。
⑥ Were there any areas where you fell short? 有沒有哪里你覺得不足的?
fall short: not meeting the expectations or a required goal(達不到標準或要求)。例如:
Organizational skills are where I always fall short.
我總是缺乏條理性。
⑦ But I got the impression he wasn’t that into it. 但給我的印象是他好像不太感興趣。
be into sth.: very interested in sth.(對某事非常感興趣)。例如:
I’m into the new design.
我對新設計非常感興趣。
⑧ He really perked up… 他才真正興奮起來……
perk up: lively, showing interests, especially after feeling tired or bored(重新振作起來,活躍起來)。例如:
You need to perk them up a bit during the speech.
你要在演講過程中讓他們活躍起來。