我們在英語學習中,有時會遇到這樣的情況:同一個單詞在不同的場合,甚至在一個句子中所表達的含義也不相同。稍不留神,就會理解錯。下面每一個句子的畫線單詞都相同,就像一對雙胞胎,但含義卻不一樣,你知道它們的意思嗎?
1.I saw a fly fly into the room a moment ago.
剛才我看見一只蒼蠅飛進了房間。
2.The Young Pioneer will plant trees near the steel plant.
少先隊員將在那個鋼廠附近栽樹。
3.Do you know the story was written by the man living on the second story?
你知道這故事是住在2樓的那位男士寫的嗎?
4.The woman couldn’t leave the baby by himself. So she didn’t leave the room for a moment.
那個婦女不能把嬰兒獨自留下,所以她一會兒也沒有離開過房間。
5.As soon as I ran into the workshop I ran the machine quickly.
我一跑進車間就很快開動了機器。
6.Don’t lie. Jim doesn’t lie in bed.
別撒謊,吉姆沒有躺在床上。
7.The nearest bank is near the bank of this river.
最近的一家銀行在這河岸邊。
8.Can you eat a can of meat in half an hour?
你能在半小時內吃一罐肉嗎?
9.May I come to see you in May, Tom?
湯姆,5月我可以來看你嗎?
10.The workers in this country often go to the country.
這個國家的工人經常下鄉。
11.I saw my uncle saw a tall tree just now.
我剛才看見我叔叔鋸了一棵高高的樹。
12.It’s right to keep right in the street.
在街上靠右行是對的。
13.I left my book on the left desk.
我把書留在左邊的課桌上。
14.I couldn’t see the sentences on the blackboard clearly and I couldn’t see what you had said, either.
我看不清黑板上面的句子,也不明白你所說的話。
15.There is no room in this room.
這間房內沒有空位。
16.The bright boy is studying English in a bright room.
這個聰明的孩子在明亮的房間里學英語。
17.Do you know why China is famous for china in the world?
你知道中國為什么以瓷器聞名于世嗎?
18.I learned that he had learned a lot from his teacher.
我得知(獲悉)他從他老師那兒學到了許多。
19.We were sweeping the floor on the fifth floor at eight last night.
昨天晚上8點我們在打掃第五層的地板。
20.My paper is in today’s paper.
我的一篇論文登在今天的報紙上。