魁北克肉汁奶酪薯條太美味了!薯條、肉汁和奶酪——這樣的絕配怎么會出錯?
1)Poutine is amazing! Fries, 2)gravy, and cheese—how can you go wrong?
我覺得加拿大人比其他國家的人吃更多的卡夫即食通心粉。
I think Canadians eat more Kraft Dinner than any other country.
你試過楓糖漿熏三文魚嗎?
Have you ever tried 3)salmon smoked with maple 4)syrup?
我聽過牛肉干,但是還從未試過三文魚干。
I’ve heard of beef 5)jerky, but I’ve never tried salmon jerky.
你得加點酸奶油在土豆芝士餃上!
You’ve got to have some 6)sour cream with your 7)perogies!
你可以在任何食物上加楓糖漿。
You can put maple syrup on pretty much anything.
離家的時候,我總是想念奶奶做的薄餅。
I always miss my grandma’s 8)bannock when I’m away from home.
我知道這是加拿大的國菜,但是干豌豆火腿湯難登大雅之堂。
I know it’s the Canadian national dish, but 9)split pea and ham soup is 10)gross.
你知道大約1870年溫哥華煤氣鎮就有中式自助餐了嗎?
Did you know that the Chinese 11)buffet started in Gastown, Vancouver around 1870?
沒有火雞,感恩節就談不上是感恩節了。
Thanksgiving isn’t Thanksgiving without a turkey.
意大利披薩好吃,但是你真的該嘗嘗紐約披薩。
Italian pizza is great, but you really have to try a New York Slice.
去看棒球賽少不了一個熱狗!
You can’t go to a baseball game without getting a hot dog!
沒什么比蘋果餡餅更具美國特色的了。
There’s nothing as American as apple pie.
如果有機會,你得嘗嘗在酵母面包挖成的“碗”里裝上蛤肉雜燴。
If you get the chance, you’ve got to try 12)clam 13)chowder in a 14)sourdough bread bowl.
沒有人能做出我媽媽做的酸奶餅(的味道)。
No one makes 15)buttermilk biscuits like my mom does.
我知道一家小店能做出你沒喝過的最好的秋葵湯。
I know a hole-in-the-wall that makes the best 16)gumbo you’ve ever had.
如果你打算來個漢堡,確認你點了三分熟。
If you’re going to have a burger, make sure you order it medium-rare.
我非常想吃一個魯賓三明治。
I’ve got a huge 17)craving for a Reuben sandwich.
真正的壽司很好吃,但是我確實更愛加州卷。
Real sushi is great, but I absolutely love California rolls.