不說不知道,原來關于“怕”,根據不同的程度,還有好多不同的表達呢。afraid of, worry, fear, frighten, scare……這形形色色的“怕”,你怕了嗎?
我很抱歉,我恐怕參加不了你的婚禮了。
I’m afraid I can’t come to your wedding.
他真的挺怕黑的。
He is really afraid of the dark.
我很怕鯊魚。
I have a great fear of sharks.
我擔心今天會下雨。
I’m worried it might rain today.
我擔心我不能按時完成我的作業了。
I fear I won’t finish my assignment on time.
別怕!我會幫你的。
Never fear! I will help you.
我很害怕我會掉下去。
I’m frightened I might fall.
我爸爸很害怕蜘蛛,但是他從來都不承認。
My dad is frightened by spiders, but he’ll never admit it.
詹姆斯怕坐飛機怕得要命。
James is scared to death of flying.
我想都不敢想從家里搬出去會怎樣。
I’m scared to think about moving out of home.
那部電影真夠恐怖的!
That movie was absolutely terrifying!
我聽到外面的聲響時都嚇呆了。
I was 1)petrified when I heard a noise outside.
薩莉有游泳恐懼癥。
Sally has a real 2)phobia of swimming.
他一連幾個月都在擔心這一天。
He’s been dreading this day for months.
那家伙讓我毛骨悚然。
That guy gives me the 3)creeps.
我想他的確有些坐立不安,不過他會沒事的。
I think he has a few last-minute 4)jitters, but he’ll be OK.
這座城市的犯罪率真讓人擔憂。
The crime rate in this city is really alarming.
小編指路:“怕”的階梯
經過一通“恐怖”的狂轟濫炸,讀者朋友們可能已經暈了。為了幫助大家理清思路,我們根據各個“怕”的基本含義,列出一張“怕”的階梯示意圖。但是要切記,這些關于“怕”的表達,用在不同的語境便有不同的含義,大家可根據上面這些錦囊妙句的語境詳加體會。
