Agrandmotherandalittle girl whoseface wassprinkled with bright red freckles spent the day at the zoo.
一個老奶奶和一個臉上布滿淡紅色雀斑的小女孩在動物園里度過了一天。
The children were waiting in line to get their cheeks painted by a local artist who was decorating them with tiger paws.
孩子們排隊等著讓當地一位藝術家給他們的臉頰畫上虎爪。
\"You’ve got so many freckles; there's no placetopaint!\"aboyin theline cried.
“你的雀斑太多了,沒地方畫了!”隊列里的一個男孩大叫道。
Embarrassed the little girl dropped her head.
小女孩尷尬地低下了頭。
Her grandmother knelt down next to her. “I love your freckles.” she said.
她的奶奶在她身邊跪下來說:“我喜歡你的雀斑。”
\"Not me.” the girl replied.
“可我不喜歡,”女孩說。
“Well when I was a little girl I always wanted freckles” she said tracing her finger acrossthechild’scheek.“Frecklesare beautiful!”
“嗯,當我還是個小女孩的時候,我總是想長雀斑,”她說著用手指撫摸著孩子的臉頰。“雀斑真漂亮!”
The girl looked up.“Really?”
女孩抬起頭來。“真的嗎?”
“Of course.” said the grandmother.“Why just name me one thing that’s prettier than freckles.\"
老奶奶說:“當然了!嘿,你能告訴我一個比雀斑更漂亮的東西不。”
Thelittle girlpeered into theold woman‘s smiling face.
小女孩凝視著老奶奶的笑臉。
\"Wrinkles.”she answered softly.
“皺紋。”她輕聲回答道。